Week 1, 2012

Not a very good beginning of the year...

Huh. On Monday I decided to test how my injury is doing and went for a usual easy run... but by the time I reached the half-way point of my run a fairly serious hailstorm started so my way back was... well, wet. Worse than that the injury didn't give up, so in the end on Thursday I finally visited a physiotherapeutist and the verdict was clear: I'll live but I need to take a break. I don't want to make it any worse than it is, so I decided to oblige.

The hardest part of that was that I had the Egmond half-marathon coming up on Sunday and couldn't go for it :/. First time ever that I didn't go for a race that I subscribed for... At least my start account is clear, in the sense that I finished as many races as I started ;). But given that my Polar also died lately: not the best beginning of the year. Oh well. At least I had time to make a summary of my last year's runs -- more about that tomorrow :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budapest, marathon

My goals for... the lifetime.

Marathon, Paris, 2012